Valuation & Advisory Group
Darrel R. Lloyd Jr. is head of the commercial valuation and advisory group and has been engaged in the analysis and valuation of assets on a local, regional and national basis since 1986. Mr. Lloyd has over 25 years of expertise in valuation and counseling of all major types of and interests in real estate. His experience includes market value appraisals on varied property types for acquisition, condemnation, mortgage, estate, real estate tax, historic preservation, and other purposes. Property types appraised and studies conducted include residential, commercial, industrial and special purpose properties, as well as highest and best use studies and impact studies. He has qualified as an expert witness in state supreme and federal courts.
Our firm is committed to providing accurate and reliable valuations that are critical to the needs of our clients and success of every real estate investment. We provide comprehensive reports prepared with the precision that the industry demands with each assignment based upon the individual client’s needs.
IREM is committed to providing the highest standards of professional practice and maintaining the integrity of the appraisal process, providing unbiased analyses to our clients.
- Appraisal reviews
- Private and corporate estate planning
- Market Rent/Feasibility Studies
- Highest and Best Use analysis
- Matrimonial/equitable distribution
- Arbitration/dispute resolution
- Forensic valuation studies
- Institution and Finance Appraisals
- Leased Fee & Leasehold Analysis
- Lease renewal / negotiation
- Fractional Interest Analysis
- Asset management
- Property Tax Reassessment/Appeal
- Portfolio Valuation
Litigation & Expert Witness
Mr. Lloyd has provided litigation support and expert witness testimony for those whose situation requires a specialist recognized by the court as having expert knowledge in real estate valuation. Engaging the right expert is essential to provide a credible expert who can explain valuation matters clearly and effectively.
Our firm will provide insight and clarity during all stages of a dispute, from case development and discovery to expert witness testimony. We provide our clients with:
- Review and critique of opposing expert reports
- Consultation for trial preparation
- Clear and persuasive communication of expert witness testimony
Irem is experienced in all residential, commercial and industrial property types. Additionally Mr. Lloyd has specialty expertise in:
- Golf Course Valuation
- Lodging and hospitality
- Mixed-use developments
- Self-storage facilities
- Senior housing/health care facilities
- Cell and communications tower valuation
- Regional malls and complex retail
- Residential subdivision/land development
- Student housing
While our primary service area and experience is throughout the New York and Pennsylvania market, we have conducted portfolio property appraisals for commercial real estate appraisal clients nationwide to include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Missouri, New York (including New York City), Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Texas.